“Recognize, manage and master your beliefs. They aren’t genetic. They are choices. Choose ones that serve you.”
~ Christopher Babson ~
Larry felt he was out of ideas. He put in his time at work, but he found so much to frustrate him he got to the point where he almost didn’t care anymore. He knew he needed an attitude adjustment. He wanted a way to get enthusiastic and happy with his job.
But he wasn’t getting any help from work or family, or anyone. Finally Larry decided to take action on his own. He signed up to hear a motivational speaker. Larry wasn’t sure what to expect. What he got was beyond anything he imagined.
The motivational speaker helped both his professional and personal growth. He learned things he could use at work and in all the other areas of his life.
- Real, actionable information. Larry learned things about thought patterns and road blocks he’d been putting in front of himself. This information freed him to explore new ways. It was like a door opened to new opportunities both at work and in his personal life.
- Guidance and direction. Larry recognized he’d been lacking direction. The fixes offered by the motivational speaker were things Larry could apply immediately. He felt like he left with an achievable game plan.
- Communication. Larry learned where he was failing to communicate well. He immediately saw how that was making work more difficult. He also saw how these new skills would help him with his wife and children. He knew as he made these changes he would be more effective. It was exciting to feel himself growing and changing so quickly.
- Enthusiasm. Something about the motivational speaker was contagious. As Larry sat in the room he felt his life expanding. It was such a change to feel good about life! He knew this was what he’d been missing. He felt like he was learning enough that he could maintain these feelings of enthusiasm and excitement.
- Attitude. Larry felt a personal change in attitude. He determined to stop blaming others and focus on the things he could control. The speaker helped him see how an adjustment in his attitude could change the way he viewed both home and work.
- Focus. Instead of taking a scattered approach to what he learned, Larry decided to focus on the things that would make the most difference in his personal growth. He knew if he could change some of his habits and behaviors, it would show improvement in all areas of his life.
Larry left the seminar eager to get started. “I honestly felt like a new person,” Larry said. “I knew I could not keep on this high forever, but for me it was a game changer.”
Larry listed the new skills and ways to communicate. Each week he took one of the skills and worked to master it. “It’s really made a difference in all areas of my life,” Larry said. “I expected the motivational speaker to help with work. And it did. I’m so much happier there. But I was surprised at how much I grew personally. My wife and kids really like the new me.”
If you are looking for personal growth, increased enthusiasm, guidance, direction and actionable skills, go listen Joel, a great motivational speaker. Contact Joel to learn where he is speaking next.
Talkback: Have you had good success listening to a motivational speaker? How has it benefited you?
Image courtesy of kbuntu / Fotolia.com