Founder, Dream Job Coaching & Garfinkle Executive Coaching
Joel Garfinkle has 17 years of experience in the field of leadership, career fulfillment and transitions. He is an author of seven books and 300+ articles on the subject, and is recognized as one of the top 50 coaches in America. He is a frequent speaker at conferences and is regularly featured in the national media, including ABC News, NPR, New York Times, Forbes, Wall Street Journal, BusinessWeek, Kiplinger’s Personal Finance and Fast Company.
He has a background in executive coaching, performance improvement and change management, and has worked as a consultant for two of the top consulting firms in the world – Ernst & Young in Hong Kong and Accenture in San Francisco.
As an executive coach, here is a partial client list Joel has coached with:
- USA Today
- Charles Schwab
- Cisco Systems
- Bank of America
- Eli Lilly
- Wells Fargo Ban
- Gap Inc.
- Marriott Hotels
- Shell Chemicals
- New York Times
- Coldwell Banker
- Sapient Corporation
- Electronic Arts
- Capital City Bank
- Procter & Gamble
- Union Bank of California
- Visa International
- BEA Systems, Inc.
- Portland Parks Foundation
- Levi Strauss & Company
- Williams-Sonoma Inc.
- Pacific Gas and Electric Company
- Morgan Stanley
In addition to his proven track record in coaching, Joel Garfinkle is a successful author whose works are read in more than 25 countries. Joel has written seven powerful, transformative books:
- Are You Ready to Get Ahead? A Summary of the Executive Leadership Book, Getting Ahead, by Joel Garfinkle.
- Executive Presence: Sixteen Characteristics to Help You Convey Confidence as a Business Leader and Be Respected as an Authority.
- Time Management Mastery: Stress-Free Productivity in The 7 Key Areas of Life (time, projects, people, schedules, information, work/life balance, abundance)
- Get Paid What You’re Worth: How to Negotiate a Raise or Higher Starting Salary.
- Land Your Dream Job: The Last Career Search Book You’ll Ever Need
- Job Searching Made Easy: A Practical Guide and Process for Finding The Job You Need Fast!
- Love Your Work: Make The Job You Have The One You’ve Always Wanted
Joel has also written numerous articles for local and national publications providing key insights. More than 300 are available free through his websites. He also publishes a popular bimonthly newsletter “Fullfilment@Work,” which is delivered to more than 10,000 subscribers around the world.
Joel has been featured in the national media:
- ABC News
- National Public Radio
- Wall Street Journal
- New York Times
- Microsoft CIO Network
- Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- Fast Company
- Contra Costa Times
- AOL Find a Job
- The Day (newspaper for Connecticut)
- Jewish Bulletin
- Registered Rep.
- East Bay Business Times
- Silicon 2.0 Online Tech Magazine
- San Francisco Business Times
Joel has delivered more than 1000 workshops, speeches and keynote addresses to groups such as the Commonwealth Club of California, the Pennsylvania Chamber of Commerce, the Kentucky Society of Human Resource Management, Wells Fargo Bank, Haas School of Business, Financial Women’s Association and the University of California Berkeley.
Education an memberships
Joel holds a degree in psychology from San Diego State University and has completed a three-year coaching certificate program with Coach University.
Joel has helped the following clients:
- A manager develop an executive plan with phased objectives that will generate more than $60 million in new revenue over the next 12 months.
- A client increase her level of responsibility and compensation despite two company-wide reorganizations and an acquisition, all within six months.
- A mid-level manager advance to senior manager in just two months.
- A regional manager generate $800,000 in cost savings and $4 million in increased revenue while decreasing operating costs by $1.5 million.
- The Senior Vice President of a medium-sized company create and execute a six-month game plan that resulted in fast tracking to the CEO position.
- An executive secure a coveted position after being passed over for several promotions.
- A senior executive transition from managing a few people to becoming the highly respected leader of 150 employees.
- A manager increase morale and empower her employees to excel.
- A client improve his decision-making skills and noticeably increase his efficiency and productivity.